FREE income tax assistance will be offered at Cornerstone Christian Church on Saturdays for the 2017 tax year ONLY on a limited basis beginning January 27 – April 14, 2018.
Appointments ARE REQUIRED and are available at 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00am.
Please read this in its entirety, as some information has changed from previous years.
Services include preparing and e-Filing your 2017 federal tax return, and some state tax returns. We will NOT prepare:
- Tax returns for paper filing
- Returns which include:
- Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business
- Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040), Net Profit From Business
- Schedule D (Form 1040), Capital Gains and Losses
- Schedule E (Form 1040), Supplemental Income and Loss
- Schedule F (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Farming
- Schedule H (Form 1040), Household Employment Taxes
- Schedule J (Form 1040), Income Averaging for Farmers and Fishermen
- Schedule SE (Form 1040), Self-Employment Tax
- Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 3903, Moving Expenses
- Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization
- Form 4952, Investment Interest Expense Deduction
- Form 5329, Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored Accounts
- Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax – Individuals
- Form 8582, Passive Activity Loss Limitations
- Form 8829, Expenses for Business Use of Your Home
- Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
- Missing required Affordable Care Act documentation
- Any return unless ALL required documentation is available, printed and present.
- Amended returns for a return that we previously prepared that the taxpayer did not present all required paperwork when originally filed.
Items You MUST Bring With You to Your Appointment
To have your tax return(s) prepared at this VITA site you need to bring the following information with you:
- Proof of identification – State issued, valid Photo ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or (NO OTHER SUBSTITUTIONS will be accepted)
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents included on the tax return
- ALL Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from ALL employers and sources of income
- ALL Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Affordable Care Act documentation (You will receive documents if you participated in health insurance through The Marketplace healthcare.gov) Forms 1095-A or documents required for an exemption on Form 8965
- Total paid for daycare provided and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) and complete address
- Both spouses must be present to file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, to sign the required forms. (ONLY ONE appointment slot needs to be selected for filing a joint return.)
- If Illinois property tax credit is being claimed, your county and Lot ID (Can be found on your property tax statement or by contacting your county records department)
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number. The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.
You MUST have all required documents with you.
Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled time, and complete required Form 13614-C and bring with you to your scheduled appointment.
If you arrive late, we cannot guarantee our services for that particular day. Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email within 48 hours of your scheduled appointment, please contact Christa Miller.